Friday, December 10, 2004

Hurt~! Healed by the Orange Ball

I'm kinda "hurt" today. Not only of all the things that had happen to me but also things that are currently going through my mind. Wish i could just express these feelings deep inside me out and then i'll be able to just forget about it. Unfortunately i'm HUMAN; unlike a robot in which u would be able to erase all its data, memories and errors that it had. I can choose not to think aboutit again but somehow it just pops up into my head after a long time.

Today was a fine day. A fine, lazy day. Didn't do much except for eat and watched slam dunk on pc. So in short, i kinda wasted the whole afternoon watching anime. Then evening came and i had to go for the basketball competition opening ceremony. I was reluctant to go but then i knew that is one of a duty as a coach. So i went, brought by my cousin.
At MBKS bball stadium, we waited for the first match to end before lining up to welcome the arrival of " YB. Lily Yong". I'm not sure who she is but i heard she's a national player for some sport. Wonder wat sport was it? The ceremony like most bball ceremony i attended was just like it had been-BORING. Worst comes worst i had to stand for about 30 minutes mostly on one feet while my still "bent" leg was just supporting another side of my body. Sucks~! But oh well.
So after the ceremony was the 2nd and after the 2nd, the 3rd bball match. The 2nd match was Sarberkas Tabuan Jaya kids against SUPP Batu Lintang (A) teens. I'm very impress in this match because the kids beat the teens. Well, the teens deserve to lose because they weren't playing well at all. The thing in that match that took my attention was the teamwork in STJ(Sarberkas Tabuna Jaya). They really play as if they were professionally trained. I'm very impress in their gameplay indeed. Although in the 1st and 2nd quarter they were losing by 10 points, at the 3rd quarter, number 7 managed to tie the score and at the 4th quarter with number 13's good rebound and 9's determination, they manage to change the flow and win the teens by 10 points. When the game ended, most of the spectators there gave a loud applause. 3rd match was 678 seafood against informatics. As expected, informatics lost. But i was able to see and analyze the players because they were our next challanger this coming Saturday. Man....how i wish i was able to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How i wish my knee was okay. How i really wish i didn't join the sun shining camp! Dang! Coz of that camp i spent RM25 for it and wat i got? A broken knee. I'm not sure if it will get well again but my friends say that it won't. How i wish that they were wrong. Well, wait until next tuesday and i'll know the result. May there be hope for me.

Basketball to certain people is just a game. To some parents is just a sport that prevent their kids from involving in other unhealthy activities. But to me, basketball is a part of my life. It is the fire within me. When i held the ball in my hand, i could feel what i'm capable of doing and the more i play, the more things i learn in basketball. In fact, i feel as if i can do almost anything in basketball. I feel as if i'm able to master all the skills in bball. I took up playing basketball when my parents rejected me playing soccer because to them, soccer is a rough game. At first, i sulk. But then i knew i had no choice. I'm only a kid that time. What power do i have? My interest in bball started at the end of my primary school days when i followed my dad to watch his basketball team play. I was really amazed at how the game was played. Really amazed. All the lightning speed movements, the jump for rebound which looks like as if the player is reaching for the skies, and also the accurate shootings and the sound of the ball going through the basket net. And not to forgotten also the applause and cheering from the spectators and supporters. I still remember when i watched my father's team play, I could sense the tense of the basketball team. I could feel the worry of losing, then when just even the slightest faith was about to vanish, a glimpse hope emerge somewhere by luck and the situation change from a lost to a victory. Eversince then, i've decided to get myself famous in basketball.

During my first week in secondary school, I was one of the first to bring a basketball to school after noticing my seniors playing basketball everyday after their morning session class finish. Our form one was an afternoon session class. So basically during our recess, we would run down from our hill to the basketball court and join our seniors. At first, the seniors would ignore us, and monopolize the gameplay. But among the seniors, there is always one with a samaritan heart. So he let us played. Although at the begining we got bullied and they took advantage of our newbie playing, we manage to learn fast through their teachings as well as mockings. ^^; In form two, my chance came to play for the school when my seniors told me about the basketball team selection held on saturday. I was 170cm at that time. Quite tall for a form 1 student. So i went for the training, ran 10 laps around the basketball court, did stretchings, warm-ups and then after that basic trainings like lay-ups, shootings, defense and passings. It wasn't easy as i have to cope up with my seniors who are in their form 4 form 5. Our coach that time was Mr. Lim Ren En. He was a plump guy(similiar to Anzai sensei in slam dunk) and had just finish his form 6 in my school. In fact, he was also in charge of the afternoon session prefect. I learnt quite a few from him as well see a few stunts from my seniors. Unfortunately that year, i was filter out from the team. I was a bit sad. But i know that I'm not well up to them yet. During form 3, i missed the basketball selection team. But one of my friend whom i always defeated him 1 on 1 managed to get in the team. His name was freddie voon. Wonder where is this guy rite now? Really wanna settle this debt with him. Coz our last one on one match, I lost to him. My chance of representing the school came when i was in form 4 and form 5. My first match was against chung hua no. 1. And boy were they strong. Somemore we were playing against them at their basketball court. Sigh...Tough luck. In form 5, me along with a few friends; sing hui, kay hong, chee wei(my junior by one year who is now a state representative), ek zing and my lower six friends who came from kuching high represent st thomas to play once more. This time i was more experience but still low in confidence. But with kay hong and sing hui as well as lai supporting me, we manage to get into the quarter finals. So which school did we manage to beat? Well, it was smk lumba kuda and St. joseph(muahahaha...rival school defeated). Unfortunately we lost to kuching town and chung hua no. 3. Our last match was against smk pending. But that last match was more like a skill competition. U can see all types of lay ups. All the "bunga". Basketball life in high school was fun and memorable. The only thing that i really tought a lot was- why the heck i got chosen to play the center position? Anyway, bygones are bygones. Don mind.
Before entering MMU, I was suppose to play against a friend whom i met at Utopia prom nite. Unfortunately mishap fell upon him. I'm very sad of his departure and was shock when i heard the news. Mr. Ryan, rest in peace my friend. Hope that we'll get to play with each other when i get to heaven.

In mmu, during alpha year, i met kah mun, sim, kelvin, siang foong, yang zong, ronan, the sepang gang, triple s and many more whom became my friends and companions in basketball. It is from them i learn friendship. And from them, I met my second gf. During my beta year, my time spent on basketball decrease. Most of my friend that played basketball were in cyber already. Most of my times was spent with her. Unfortunately me n her didn't get along well. And in late beta, i re-enter the basketball court and there i met new friends. I met, kim hian(ultraman), keong yee(K.Y.), ah ping(chang swee phing), fei(fat) ping(also known as egg ultraman), satay, zhao, guo lin, ah peh and many more. All those people whom i keep seeing in my classes in beta but i didn't dare to go befriend with were now my friends. Cool ei? Life was very good when my gamma year starts. It feels more like a new begining and my life seems to have brighten with new friends. I do still keep in conctact with my old pals as i would go down at the first weekend of the semester just to gather with them. They're my "brothers" after all. And i will not forsake them. ^^

2:03am <-that's wat the clock at my monitor display.

Before i end this blog. I'd just like to leave a msg to M-chan.

"When all seems lost, when light of faith seems to dim out, there'll be hope. For I shall be your hope."
M---, if u can read this, I wanna say that i'm really happy and glad that u like it. The moment my bro told me he recieved a weird sms saying about cd, the first thing that went through my mind was you. I was right after all. I know that there's no chance. But i still lift my hope and faith up. Though not as high as before. When u are able to fly, that is when i shall let go and return to my true world. 1-4-3.

AMEN.

-Ic3

No comments: